A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Back to the drawing board

The blog is shaping up nicely, and I'm getting steady interest, so it's onward from here. However, there's been a slight change in the concept (if that's what you want to call it).

Initially, I was hoping for The Pajama Pack to develop into a sort of standalone version of The Corner on National Review Online, with Ldot Bloggers participating and posting comments on the main board. At the time I came up with this little scheme, I hadn't realized that there would be a problem with posting the occasion plug over at Lucianne.com, as long as I restricted it to threads that were somehow related. But, apparently, Lucianne and Amy are getting emails pointing out the fact that other Ldotters aren't allowed to promote their sites/blogs. So, I'm limited to the once-a-day hawking of my wares.

This is going to make it a little more difficult to reach Ldotters, since so many don't post their email addresses in their profiles. So, it appears I'm just going to have to go about it the old fashioned way -- waiting and hoping. In the meantime, I'm going to roll back the whole concept a bit and be the sole administrator of this blog, and will let Americanablog sit on the back burner, so I can focus.

Also in the meantime, I'll continue to blogroll any Ldotter, current or future, if he or she will send me a link to the blog. (If you have a blog and are interested in using the same blogroll as The Pajama Pack, email me and I'll send you the code to paste into your template.) And, I'll continue to check in on the various blogs for updates on a daily basis, when possible, and post messages announcing those updates -- at least for the time being. This is mainly intended to steer traffic to Ldotters who don't update their blogs as regularly as others. If you faithfully update your blog several times daily, I won't be able to post an announcement for every entry. However, if you post a blog entry that is of particular importance to you, please send a link to the email address listed here, and I'll post an announcement and link to it.

Since I'm going to neglect Americanablog for the foreseeable future, I'll be using The Pajama Pack as my editorial sounding board to comment on whatever strikes me. I'll be scanning Lucianne.com for posts that strike me as particularly cogent or humorous, and posting links to "hot" threads and breaking stories as they appear. I'll also be looking around the internet for other stories and columns that may be of interest to Ldotters, but aren't necessarily suitable for posting over there, for reasons of timeliness, special interest, and "discussion value" -- provided it's within the bounds of human decency/taste.

So, off I go into the blogrealm. I'm looking forward to hearing from Ldotters -- blogless or otherwise. Commenting is open to anyone who registers at Blogger, and registration doesn't require that you use a real name, or even keep a blog. However, if you do decide to comment, it would be helpful if you register at Blogger under some variation of your Ldot handle, or include it in your profile. Just to make it easier for other Ldotters to identify you.

At the very least, I figure this blog can serve as a good way for Ldotters to communicate with one another and still maintain some semblance of anonymity.

Wish me luck,
Walt
 

free website counters