A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

What is an Ldotter?

That question seems to pop up in Google search referrals fairly regularly when I check on my statistics. So, it seems to me that there's no better time, nor place, to answer it than here and now.

Most, if not all, of my visitors already know, but for the uninitiated, an "Ldotter" is a person who posts messages at the greatest news/politics bulletin board on the web -- Lucianne.com.

I've been posting messages there since, I guess, a couple of weeks after it launched and have used various posting names over the years, mostly due to forgetting my password and changing email addresses whenever I've replaced a computer, or hard drive. My first username was The Somnambulist, which I chose in a fit of irony as a result of a book titled Sleepwalking Through History. After that, I posted for a while under the name TopOnePercent, as a reference to Al Gore's mantra during the run-up to the 2000 elections. Finally, I settled on MsFalconersCabanaBoy, as an homage to the enchanting former Molly Falconer -- who was, at one time, a financial reporter on Fox News Channel.

As I said before, Ldot is the best bulletin/message board on the web. You have to sign up in order to post articles and comment, and unfortunately, there's currently a long waiting list for posting privileges. I'm not sure if Lucianne is currently accepting new registrations, but if you should ever get the chance to sign up, I highly recommend that you do so.

But, even if you can't post or comment, simply lurking is nearly as much fun. Some of the smartest, best informed, funniest, and wittiest people on the planet comment there, and because of that, it's been a daily feature in my life for several years, now.

So, now you all know what an Ldotter is. . .and, no doubt, you're jealous as hell.

I don't blame you. It is pretty cool.
 

free website counters