A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Does anyone know. . .

. . .if Michael Kinsley has recently developed an affinity for cold medicine? His piece in the Washington Post certainly appears to indicate the presence of some sort of psychoactive. His analogy crumbles like Michael Moore's washcloth, right about here:

President Bush: "My opponent, you see, wrote -- or he helped to write -- this document, this so-called Declaration of Independence. And in it, see, he says something about how we hold these truths to be self-evident. Now, self-evident is just a fancy word -- or actually it's two words: Of course I know that! I can count! -- it's just a fancy way of saying you don't have to say anything because folks already know it.


UPDATE: Others who read the story came away with a different impression than I did. I suppose I could be a little knee-jerky -- it wouldn't be the first time. Maybe I'm missing a larger joke.
 

free website counters