A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Heads-up. . .

. . .to Ldot bloggers. In case you haven't already heard about it, Hugh Hewitt is hosting a blogger symposium on the question, "Why George W. Bush? Why Not John Kerry?" The piece I wrote below is my submission, and I'd like to encourage other Ldotters to contribute. Also, Ultima Thule has the submissions of Aussiegirl:

Fanatics who are bent on death and destruction, who murder women and children and innocent civilians and behead hapless victims while shouting "God is Great!", cannot be reasoned with, they cannot be negotiated with, they will not come to a summit or a peace conference.

John Kerry is the Chamberlain of our time. He demands that any move America makes in its defense meets some "Global Test". He lives in a pre 9/11 world that we would all dearly love to inhabit again. But wishing doesn't make it so.


and BonnieBlueFlag:

"If I were a Police Officer, I would vote for Bush, because while Kerry wouldn't cross a police picket line in Democratically secure Boston, he had no problem crossing two Florida police picket lines on his way to Orlando. The officer's contract expired Oct. 1, and they had notified Democratic official last week of the planned picket lines. Kerry aides said the picket lines were a surprise ploy of the Republican leaning Police Union.

If I were a College Student, I would vote for Bush, because the number of Pell Grants increased by 1.3 million, and there was a 60% funding increase in the past three years.

If I were a Soldier, Sailor, Marine or Airman, I would vote for Bush, because I do not want to have as my Commander in Chief a man who should have been tried for treason. I do not wish to serve under a president that would send me into war, without the equipment necessary to win and survive that war.


If any Ldotters have submissions you'd like for me to exerpt here, send a link to my email, and I'll be more than happy to do it. I'll also add you to the blogroll, if you'd like.
 

free website counters