A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

I'm actually going. . .

. . .to see a movie, today. This is not something I often do. But, since I've heard such great things about Team America, I figured I'd make an exception, and then come back with a review tonight. I don't know if that makes me the last blogger on the planet to see the film, but even if I am, that's OK.

I've read some of the blogger reviews, and they were largely effusive in their praise for the film -- some going so far as to say it's one of, if not the funniest film ever made. Normally, that kind of buzz pushes me away, but in this case I'm intrigued. The bloggers I read tend to be pretty jaded when it comes to anything show-biz. It could be that Parker & Stone benefit from a little bit of "favorite son" sentiment among right-leaning bloggers -- icons of political incorrectness that they are. So, I'll try to be mindful of that in my own review.

I'll be back at the blog this evening, sometime.

UPDATE: Scratch that. I'm going to watch the NASCAR race with some friends, instead.
 

free website counters