A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Monday, March 24, 2008

What's happening. . .

. . .in Merry Olde England? They're easing restrictions on flying the Union Jack; restrictions I never knew existed, much less that they've existed since 1924.

I've always had a certain affinity for the Union Jack, and I have to say I feel happy for the folks over in the UK right now. It's nice to see them asserting a symbol of national pride once again, and I hope they'll take full advantage of this opportunity.

I remember hearing many years ago that the Brits don't have the same level of reverence for their flag as we Yanks do -- that the analog to our Stars n' Stripes is actually their Queen. How true it is, I don't know. But, in any case, any symbol of national identity that binds the good people of England together in the face of an encroaching Islamic threat has to be a positive.

Good show!

 

free website counters