A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Friday, April 18, 2008

I was stirred from sleep. . .

. . .around 4:37 this morning, according to the news, by a 5.2 magnitude earthquake. I had no idea what it was at the time. I just remember the shaking, which wasn't violent by any means. A 5.2 is either pretty small potatoes, or I live far enough from the epicenter that much of the energy had dissipated by the time the seismic waves reached me. Whatever the case, what I felt was not much more than someone nudging you to wake up.

Of course, our local news is all over this like Michael Moore on a baker's dozen of Krispy Kremes. No tsunami warnings. . .yet. We'll have to keep an eye on the eastern seaboard and make sure it doesn't collapse into the Atlantic before we make any hasty predictions. But, for now, all is quiet and still in western Kentucky.
 

free website counters