A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Just woke up...

...after not having gone to bed until around 1:00 this afternoon. It seems blogging has my sleeping patterns a bit askew. I worked on the blog until around 3:00, and decided I'd go to bed. Well, I just lay there. Ten minutes, 30, 90...finally, around 5:00 I said to myself, "Self, there's really no point in trying to go to sleep at this point. You have to be at school in three hours. What are the odds of you even hearing the alarm clock, much less heeding it after one hour's sleep?" So, I made the best of it, and a pot of coffee.

I turned on some music (which is what I do when I'm not blogging, working, going to school, or club meetings), and paid The Cheat, my betta fish butchering orange cat, some attention. For the uninitiated, The Cheat is a character from Homestarrunner.com.

Tonight is laundry night, because I never got around to doing my laundry yesterday. In fact, I spent most of the last three days answering emails from Ldotters, all of whom had something nice to say. I couldn't have asked for a better take-off on this blog. Everyone has been incredibly supportive and generous, patient, and often interesting. If anyone emailed me and hasn't heard back yet, I apologize. I wasn't quite prepared for the amount of email I got, and as always, thanks to blondie I got a gmail address for the mail. Between that mail, the mail that continued to trickle into my other two accounts, and instant messages, I was thoroughly occupied. If I didn't respond, please email me again. I'll try to address any questions you may have.

Tomorrow (Friday), I have school from 8:00 to 4:30, and I work for my lemonade vendor friend as soon as I leave school until 10:30. Then, on Saturday, I open the stand and work from 10:00 AM to around 10:30 PM, unless he sends some relief -- and there's very little of that to send, so I'm skeptical. Then, on Sunday, I work from 11:00 AM 'til around 8:00 PM. Then, it's grocery shopping, which will keep me out until at least 9:00, due to the fact that I only know how to grocery shop like a man. I'll be free for most of the day on Monday, and should be able to post in a somewhat normal fashion.

So, to say the least, posting will be mimimal for the next few days. I hope you don't forget about me. I know memories are short in the blogosphere. 60 minutes is an eternity, so to speak. But, the past week has been a great one. I'm giddy with the way the blog is developing, and the people it seems to be attracting. I've tried my best to come up with content that Ldotters will find interesting and/or helpful, and am wide open to any suggestions anyone may have in that regard. On Monday, I hope to start work on a project that I've seen suggested at LDot several times, to much acclaim and little action. So, I thought I'd take it upon myself. I'll unveil it when it's done.

In closing, I just want to send out a blanket THANK YOU!!! to everyone who has emailed me with suggestions, heads-ups, submissions, and questions this past week. It's been a fun, challenging experience -- one that has left me with a deeper respect for LComStaff and all that they do.

Sincerely,
Walt
 

free website counters