A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Monday, September 27, 2004

Ldotter Wolfgang von Skeptik. . .

. . .has launched a blog, and it's a privilege to announce it here on The Pajama Pack. Ldotters familiar with his posts know what a forceful and florid writer he can be. Some things Ldotters may not know:

I am a journalist, retired by disability, veteran of an award-winning writing career that spans six decades, with 28 years at newspapers and trade journals. The jobs I have held include editor-in-chief, news editor, city editor, editorial-page columnist, investigative reporter, news analyst, public-affairs reporter and rewrite man. In my long-ago youth I enlisted in the Regular Army and served a three-year hitch, 19 months of which (1961-1962) were in the Republic of Korea. I have also done purely physical civilian work that is far removed from journalism but is nevertheless relevant to the reportorial mandate to understand the human condition: this includes a year as a commercial fisherman -- engineer/deck hand aboard a Puget Sound salmon-seiner – and a few years (especially while I was attending college) in which I worked variously as a commercial printer or a carpenter or a manual laborer, including (though only once and for only about a week), the back-aching, mind-numbing torment of agricultural stoop-labor, pruning post-harvest raspberry fields by hand.


Welcome to the blogosphere, wolfgang. I think you're going to love it.
 

free website counters