A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Oh, by the way. . .

. . .in keeping with tradition, I was the very last blogger to see Team America: World Police. It was a perfect illustration of why I rarely go to movies.

There were some hilarious parts, undeniably. But, I read reviews that said, "funniest movie ever." I had such high expectations going in, given the respect I have for the opinions I read, but it fell flat. Just like all movies do when I see them too shortly after the initial publicity blitz.

If I had to rate it, I'd give it a thumbs-up -- even an enthusiastic one. But not a hyperextended thumbs-up.

Most memorable elements: Matt Damon, "the signal", the vom-a-thon, "Freedom Costs a Buck Oh Five", and of course the puppet sex.

Most disturbing sight: The woman with four children, none older than ten, trying to cover eight eyes with only two arms during the puppet sex scene.
 

free website counters