A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

I just couldn't go to bed. . .

. . .without linking to Peggy Noonan's latest column. Just a few weeks ago, she endured a sound thrashing at the hands of many a conservative. And, not a few of them vowed never to click a link to her column again. To them, all I can say is, "your loss."

"But when I read blogs, when I wake up in the morning and go to About Last Night and Lucianne and Lileks, I remember what the late great Christopher Reeve said on "The Tonight Show" 20 years ago. He was the second guest, after Rodney Dangerfield. Dangerfield did his act and he was hot as a pistol. Then after Reeve sat down Dangerfield continued to be riotous. Reeve looked at him, gestured toward him, looked at the audience and said with grace and delight, "Do you believe this is free?" The audience cheered. That's how I feel on their best days when I read blogs.


See?
 

free website counters