A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The job market. . .

. . .seems healthy enough to me. As I said in a previous post, I finally finished school this past Friday. As of 2:00 p.m. today -- Tuesday, April 12 -- I have a job as a "runner" for a local law firm. This will be my first encounter with lawyers that wasn't necessitated by idiocy. I've always wondered what that would be like.

While not the most glamorous position, I figure it's good, honest work and will pay the bills. And, it'll be nice to have a job that will allow me to have free weekends and evenings -- something I don't recall ever having in my life, except for the factory work I did when I first got out of high school. But, most importantly, it marks another milestone in my life, and confirms that America is the land of the second chance.

More on that later. I have a story to tell, and a lot of thanks to give out. Check back tomorrow.
 

free website counters