A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

NASCAR. . .

. . .isn't my very favorite sport -- that will always be baseball. But, I do enjoy drinking beer and watching a race almost as much as going to a ballgame. Actually going to a race is something else entirely -- there isn't really any comparison. They're on two completely different levels. You start planning weeks, months, and in some cases years before a NASCAR race.

When I first started watching the sport, I picked my favorite driver based on nothing more than whose car looked coolest. At that time, I thought Morgan Shepherd's camouflage Remington Arms car was the sharpest out there, so he was my guy.

Well, now he's driving a different car. I hadn't heard much about him in a long time, until I was prompted to google him up after writing an email to a friend. When I checked to see what he's up to these days, I found out that he's driving the Victory in Jesus car, and is soliciting donations. I know some of my readers are Christians, and that some are NASCAR fans as well. So, I figure odds are at least a few are both. It's not such a bad message to put on TV screens every Sunday, is it? I mean, it's not like Barry Lynn watches NASCAR or anything -- so there's not much chance anyone's going to be offended.

It seems like a good cause to me.
 

free website counters