A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

There are no expletives. . .

. . .strong enough to describe the frustration I've experienced in the process of getting my computer back up and running, but I've finally managed to get it done. And, in the process, I suffered the loss of every single one of the music files I thought I'd managed to salvage in the crash due to a mechanical hard drive failure. I honestly thought my music library was safe from the wrath of the Crash Gods due to the fact that they were stored on a slave drive. But, it turns out, nothing can stop them once they have their designs on your data. And no data is sacred.

I thought for a moment about sending the thing off to one of those outfits who specialize in recovering data from hard drives, but after a brutal price estimate, have decided to simply dispose of the thing and forever remove from my life the temptation to spend anywhere from $500 - $2,700 on a quest to regain my precious collection. There are times in life when you simply have to make a fresh start of it, and this seems to be one. Besides, I did have a lot of music which I never listened to, but simply kept on the drive as filler -- a sort of GPA-padding for music lovers.

So, now that I'm back online and my computer operates somewhat close to the way I want it, it's just a matter of finding time to do my blogging. I'm nowhere near establishing anything close to a routine. It seems every day brings another task, chore, event, obligation, or commitment. Absent those, there are always leisure pursuits and merriment. I've spent precious little time at home (reflected in general disarray) over the past few weeks, and I really can't see that changing much in the immediate future. In fact, I've spent so little time reading and watching news that I've fallen behind on current events. So, at this point, I really don't know what I can say on the blog that will contribute anything to anyone's understanding of the world as we know it. So, if you came here looking for answers -- sorry 'bout that.

I will eventually catch up, but for now, I have a small cookout to attend this afternoon.
 

free website counters