A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

So, I lied. . .

. . .when I said that I'd be blogging more regularly now that I've finished school and gotten a job. It seemed like the truth at the time. But, since then, some things have changed -- the biggest of which is the fact that I'm not really "finished with school," after all. I've started a correspondence course in paralegal studies -- an idea I got from one of the legal assistants at work. I figure now that I've got my foot in the door at a law firm, I ought to start racking up qualifications as quickly as I can. If I can get my degree and combine it with my experience as a runner, I can be a lot more useful -- and consequently, worth more money -- to the firm I work for. If, after a couple of years, I don't see any real progress where I am, I can always shop myself out. Though, I have to say, I think the people I'm working for now will be more than fair.

I'm hoping to run through the paralegal program pretty quickly -- within six months, if at all possible. After that, I have no idea what shape this blog will take, and I'm not going to make any promises regarding regularity in posting at this point. All I can say is, for the time being, the Pajama Pack is going to be a weekend pursuit, by and large. I'll post something here and there as time permits or inspiration strikes. But, right now, I'm focusing on getting somewhere in the legal field. Sometime in the future, I may decide to pursue a law degree, which could be as soon as I finish paralegal studies, or as distant as ten years down the road. I'm still relatively young, and don't have any obligations to keep me from doing whatever I want, so I'm not eliminating any possibilities.

I still feel there's a lot left for me to accomplish in life, and those things have been on hold far too long. While I love blogging, and will always have something to say, I'm placing it a few positions lower on my list of priorities for the time being. But, please check in on weekends. I'll try to have something new posted weekly. It could be nothing more than a few short blog entries concerning stories I read just that day, or it could be something I've worked on over the course of the week. I'm still juggling ideas. But, the one sure thing is that this is my creative outlet, and I'll always work on it to some extent, though at times, not as much as I'd like.

Thank you,

Walt
 

free website counters