A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

I've been meaning to link. . .

. . .to McCain Blogette, but have been so caught up in the politics of the campaign that I just haven't found a good time to do it. It's the collaborative effort of our future president's daughter, Meghan McCain, along with Heather Brand and Shannon Bae. To be honest, I didn't realize any of these people existed until I jumped on the McCain bandwagon, back in mid-December.

It's a pretty refreshing blog that tends to center on the day-to-day grind of the campaign trail. There's no horserace analysis or trash-talking of other campaigns. Rather, it's a kind of online journal that typifies the medium in its infancy -- albeit, a much more well-produced rendition.

Best of all, there's lots of candid photos. Here's my sentimental favorite:


For some reason, I can't look at that picture without thinking of all the awful metal videos I loved when I was a teenager. Except, instead of a BlackBerry or iPod (I can't tell what she's holding), it would have been a Sony Walkman, or some other technological relic. (Cue "Love Song", by Tesla.)
 

free website counters