A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

The L. Brent Bozell article. . .

. . .in the Washinton Post can be summed up this way:
"Some conservatives are so dumb that they can't see the difference between John McCain and Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. I can see the difference, but I would rather have had someone else in office, and the difference isn't as great as I would like it to be. So don't count on me or any of my friends to point out those differences. Since I'm not really happy about his nomination, I can blame it on the GOP establishment rather than the voters themselves. And if it should happen that Hillary or Obama wins, that's OK with me. I'm largely immune to the effects of their government programs, and in fact I tend to do better when they're in office, since I become more relevant.

So, if John McCain wants to win, he'd better kowtow to me and my buddies in the establishment conservative media. Because, frankly, it's no skin off my back if Hillary wins. To hell with McCain, you, and the troops in the field. I'm gettin' mine."

You can go to the trouble of reading it if you want, but I've just given you the Reader's Digest condensed version.
 

free website counters