A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Bill Richardson responds. . .

. . .to James Carville's public rebuke with one of his own. I like the following remarks especially:
While I certainly will not stoop to the low level of Mr. Carville, I feel compelled to defend myself against character assassination and baseless allegations. (Emphasis mine)

I like it when they get personal. It's almost certain to draw another broadside from Carville. And, to be honest, I kind of like seeing Carville's venom being released into the veins of his fellow Democrats. Let's have more of this kind of honest, frank debate.

This, though, is the part I really liked.
I do not believe that the truth will keep Carville and others from attacking me. I can only say that we need to move on from the politics of personal insult and attacks. That era, personified by Carville and his ilk, has passed and I believe we must end the rancor and partisanship that has mired Washington in gridlock. In my view, Sen. Obama represents our best hope of replacing division with unity. That is why, out of loyalty to my country, I endorse him for president.

You see, what Richardson is doing here is portraying loyalty to Clinton as disloyalty to America. Nice touch. Although, I can't help noticing that he didn't exactly stick to his original promise of not stooping to "the low level of Mr. Carville."

All I can say is, Mr. Richardson, gird your loins. You've just called into question your opponent's love for his country while embracing a man who spent twenty years attending sermons, donating money to, and using the services of a minister whose most famous quote is, "God DAMN America."

You probably shouldn't have gone there.
 

free website counters