A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Another first. . .

. . .occurred in my life today. I was walking out of the kitchenette at work with my nearly perfect bowl of Cabana Boy chili when I ran into my boss -- the guy whose name is on the building -- as he was coming in for a lunch recess. He asked me to grab a sandwich for him at a shop just around the corner from the courthouse. So, I did that as quickly as I could, and came back to have my lunch. He decided to join me, so I asked him about the case he was trying today -- a $10,000,000 divorce.

After he wolfed down about half of the sandwich, he got up and said, "I need you to do me a favor. Take my car and fill it up. Here's the key, and let me get you my card. Be careful with the key -- you don't have to use any effort -- it does the work itself once you give it a little turn. Just run down to (area gas station), fill it up and bring me the receipt."

Five minutes after lunch, I was cruising down Kentucky Ave. in a Mercedes S500.
 

free website counters