A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Romney needs Huckabee. . .

. . .to stay in the race, contrary to what most Romney supporters want to believe. This was something I'd heard about a week, or so, ago but couldn't find the polling numbers to back it up, so I didn't bother to post on the matter. However, thanks to the immensely talented lukewarm McCain guy, Ramesh Ponnuru, over at The Corner, I've found the numbers to back me up.

Still, I'm highly skeptical that we'll be hearing "Baby, Please Don't Go" emanating from Romney headquarters should the Huckster decide to drop out of the race suddenly. But, there you have it. Huckabee isn't really a peg that the Romney campaign can hang its electoral hat on as a confounding factor in the race. Looks like they're going to have to blame Ron Paul and the Blimpsters.
 

free website counters