A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Monday, April 14, 2008

It's not Obama's fault. . .

. . .that small-town America has taken umbrage at his unintentional(ly publicized) slight. It's clearly the fact that our nation's interior is populated by dullards, rednecks, and backward palookas who lack the ken to sift through his words for their true meaning. And, I suppose I can sympathize. I've been in that situation before myself.

Once, I was talking to a female friend of mine about another mutual female friend. We were going on about how she was having trouble finding a decent guy when I said, "You know, I look at her and I see the bitterness oozing from her pores. She's hooked up with loser after loser until she has finally come to the conclusion that every man she meets is a loser. So, rather than set her sights any higher, she turns to booze, and gets liquored up, then the next thing you know, her underwear is hanging from some guy's ceiling fan -- a guy whose name she doesn't know and who will never call her again, which she's just fine with because he's just another loser as far as she's concerned."

Well, the next thing I know, the two of them had apparently spoken, and the girl in question is calling me to give me a piece of her mind. It was all so completely crazy. The way she saw it, I was calling her an embittered, drunken strumpet!

Go figure!
 

free website counters