A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Friday, April 11, 2008

One of the perks. . .

. . .of blogging is that from time to time, some wonderful benefactor bestows upon you a wonderful gift. Well, one of those gifts arrived for me yesterday in a small box from Mystic Monk coffee. And, let me tell you, if you are at all a fan of the bean, this stuff is for you. I recommend it unreservedly.

I got both the Colombian medium roast and some of the chocolate mint flavored coffee. Both are absolutely delicious. They're perfectly roasted without the slightest hint of bitterness. Being a huge fan of Colombian coffee, I've tried several brands, and Mystic Monk beats them all. As for the chocolate mint, it's a very smooth coffee -- like the Colombian medium roast, it is utterly devoid of bitterness, and the mint is subtle. It's great with just a touch of creamer, but just between you and me, I can't wait to get some Bailey's Irish Cream to put in it.

The Anchoress has posted her raves about Mystic Monk a few times, so if you'd like a second opinion, you can check out her site. You'll find that we both have come to the same conclusion. I don't know what their secret is, but those monks know how to roast beans. I can't recommend it highly enough.

UPDATE:
Welcome to all visitors from TheAnchoress, and many thanks to The Anchoress for the link! It's always nice to share a link over a nice cup of coffee.
 

free website counters