A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Household Hint...

When digging through your refrigerator, if you find a can of biscuits that's out of date, don't set it aside on the kitchen table and forget about it. That's because, apparently, as they warm up, they build up a lot of pressure. And, when they do that, the can explodes and a biscuit shoots straight up into one of the globes on the light fixture above the table, sending it crashing to the floor.

I wouldn't have thought so either, but it happened last night.

Another time, I went into the local employment office for about an hour, on a hot summer day. It looked pretty cloudy, so I went ahead and rolled the windows up. Non-smoking facility, so I left my cigarettes and lighter inside my car. After sitting in the office for about an hour and a half, I was ready for a cigarette, so I went to my car, grabbed the pack off the seat and looked for my lighter. It was gone. I looked under seats, floormats, in crevices, but it was nowhere to be found.

I did notice, however, a lot of small pieces of plastic scattered all over the seats and floorboard, where it had exploded.

My point? I'm tired.

Goodnight.
 

free website counters