A conservatory of Ldotter blogs.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Some songs never age. . .

. . .for me. A few weeks ago, I went on and on about a couple of songs off of the Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" album, and how listening to them again after a certain length of time brought about a new appreciation for them. In a similar vein, there are songs that you've heard a thousand times and still hear them frequently, but that, for some inexplicable reason, just strike you out of nowhere with how great they are.

This happened to me the other night as I was listening to the Foo Fighters' song, "D.O.A." (on the ear buds for which I'm currently seeking a replacement set). To my mind, it's four minutes of rock music heaven, even though it may have been overplayed on rock radio when it first came out. It's near the top of the list in my music player over there in my sidebar. Just scroll up almost to the top of the list and look for it. Then, crank up your computer speakers and just listen. I mean, that is one rockin' song, I don't care who you are.
 

free website counters